St. James Catholic School was established in 1953 and has served the people of God for over 60 years. The Adrian Dominican Sisters began and administered St. James until 1989. The school experienced periods of growth throughout the 60’s and 70’s. As the neighborhood surrounding St. James changed, so did the school. During the 80’s, St James suffered a period of decline. The Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine took over the administration of St. James in 1998. Due to the insightful vision of Monsignor Jean Pierre and the leadership provided by the Sisters of St. Joseph, and the dedicated staff, the school has experienced much growth in the past ten years. Enrollment has increased to over 400 students and major renovations and buildings have occurred. Throughout its long history, St. James has experienced periods of change. With God’s blessing, we will continue laying a strong foundation for the students who spend their formative years at our school. Currently, the administration of St. James consists of Pastor, Monsignor Chanel Jeanty and Principal, Ms. Lori Bryant.